Well, the instructions say to run this command to install the in_place_editing plugin:
ruby script/plugin install http://svn.rubyonrails.org/rails/plugins/in_place_editing
but of course it doesn't work. This time with the following error.
Plugin not found: ["http://svn.rubyonrails.org/rails/plugins/in_place_editing"]
This plugin has been removed because it is defective but I will get it anyway and see what happens. The instructions say we have to apply some patches so hopefully that will fix the problems.
As per a suggestion from this site: http://ireneros.com/in_place_editing-in-rails-21
I am downloading the code from here: http://github.com/rails/in_place_editing/tree/master and copying it into my plugins directory.
I hope this all works. Will add to this post if there is anything else I need to do.
Have just got to the part where we need to add the patch code into the in_place_macros_helper.rb. My version already has the necessary code so there is no need to edit the file.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment